Monday, August 9, 2010

new developments

I have gotten control of my drinking. I don't drink every night. Just once in awhile. I am trying to enjoy what little I have left of my summer. I start back at community college on August 23rd. This girl that works first shift at my job is leaving. I am hoping and praying that I will get promoted. It's been almost a year now and I'm up for a raise as well.

Just went outside for a smoke break. I found out that my boss doesn't think I really want to be in customer service anymore which I have told just about everybody, so no surprise there. I just don't like the second shift and being at the mercy of the airlines. It would allow me to have nights and weekends to spend time w/ my fiance which has been a source of strain for some months now. I do want this position. My coworker told me to call him and let him know.
*******
The next day...

So I talked to my boss and I got it. I was excited for about half an hour before I came down. I came into work to find out that the guy that works second shift talks shit about the girl I am replacing. A buddy of mine told me this and to watch out. No worries. I will set him straight before the shift switch.

Now I'm wondering if I can even do school this fall. I don't know if I will be working days or nights by August 23rd. Even my boss doesn't know when he's gonna get some people in here. I doubt he could give me an exact date. I might just have to wait until next semester to start. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment