Friday, November 6, 2009

good news

Despite my struggles with my new job, I am #1 in commission sales at Avis which is astounding to me. I didn't think I was doing that well. I think I am gonna go home and celebrate with a drink. I might have to leave Fred a note about it since we never see each other anymore. We have diametrically opposed schedules. It sux but surprisingly, we get along with each other better when we don't see each other much.

I was just talking to a guy outside as I was smoking my cigarette. He was pretty cool. We were both talking about work and life. Just like me he's struggled with depression. The drugs made us both feel numb and fake. I told him I used to smoke pot. He used to too. We were agreeing that smoking pot is no different than being prescribed a pill. You take it in hope that makes you feel better. Pot does. You see the world differently for a moment. Food tastes that much better and in the end, you sleep like a log. Sure, it might not be as long lasting as a pill but taken intermittently and moderately, it can help a little bit over the course of time. Plus, no nasty side effects. I honestly hope pot is legalized. Sure it'd cost more but it be accessible. Also, I wouldn't suffer paranoia b/c of it illegality; it was the one thing that always killed my high.

OMG, my friend, Amanda, just texted me saying her man just proposed to her! That is so sweet. It's her b-day. Her, her man, and a bunch of friends are gonna have her party at Buffalo Wild Wing's.

I just got off the phone with her. Her man attached the box with the ring to their puppy and told it to run to door when Amanda got in the house. Now, THAT is romantic. What he said next wasn't. "I'm gonna go play x-box while you beautify in the bathroom." Such a man thing to say.

Anyhow, it's a slow night. I'm gonna start closing up. I want to get out of work on time. Nite!

No comments:

Post a Comment