Wednesday, October 14, 2009

at work

People are busy always going somewhere. I wish I lived in some other country like Spain. People there have a different pace. Lunch can take as long as you like. The promise of a siesta in the late afternoon. The spanish sunset twists and glimmers in the fading light. An empty hammock sways thoughtfully in the breeze and frames a faint shoreline.

I've always wished for just one lazy day. Even my off days are filled with a bevy of chores to be done. I guess I choose to blog so that I could make a single moment last. I envision my words suspended somewhere deep in cyberspace.

It is time I really worked on myself. Maybe this time spent blogging could actually be therapuetic. I've always loved writing. The time is nigh to put it to good use.

I used to write poems as a teenager. I had my heart broken by my first boyfriend. I had met him on the internet. I look back wondering if it really happened or whether it was all in my head. My angst was imagined. I didn't understand back then that life is fleeting. Circumastances change. There is life after high school.

My short stories were amazing according to my English teacher at the time. She really pushed me to do great. I wrote an ironic short story called Spork and Foon. I recreated the tale of Sleeping Beauty only more gothic and mysterious.

I miss being able to write with a consuming passion; the words just spilling out of me in rapid succession. Even right now, it is a little stilted. I'm struggling to find the right words.

3 comments:

  1. I had been blogging on and off for a few years, but I have now been solidly blogging for over a year straight, and it has given me a sense of creative freedom that I haven't had in years...it really is therapeutic...I hope you enjoy it here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment. I was beginning to think I'm irrelevant. That I was crazy to start a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I probably should have mentioned that I appreciate the warm welcome.

    ReplyDelete