Monday, October 19, 2009

losing it

Fred, my fiance, is being a brat about my smoking cessation. Of course, it came to that Day 3 Ultimatum. "I don't want to be around a smoker. I'm on a cleanse. It would be redundant for me to stick around". It is MY perogative. Yes, for the time being, it makes him a leper. When is he gonna wake up and realize smoking is such a waste?!?! A waste of time, money, and perfectly good lungs.

I know it makes me come off a bit snooty. Alright I'm a snob. But that is the mindset I need right now to keep me going. This is important to me. Believe me, I would love a martini and a pack of Marlboro Menthol Smooth 100's. I can't keep killing myself to keep myself sane or to make Fred happy.

I don't know what to do. I don't have much support. I've tried joining a website that has message boards with motivations to stay quit. Perfect strangers helping me probably isn't the best option.

Although I could use a little pep talk right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment